Valentine’s Day is only a week away – how are you going to celebrate with your loved one? Try a wine and chocolate pairing!
Both wine and chocolate have complex flavors, which makes pairing them together very enjoyable. Choosing which wines to pair with which chocolate may seem daunting, but follow our tips and you’ll have a delicious and fun Valentine’s Day activity:
- First, we recommend purchasing high-quality chocolate. Remember that lighter chocolates pair better with lighter wines, while darker chocolates pair better with more full-bodied wines.
- During the tasting, start with the lighter chocolates and wines and move progressively through to the darker and more full-bodied styles.
- Start by swirling the wine and sniffing it, then take a small sip and swallow. Take a small bite of chocolate and let it sit on your tongue. When the chocolate is about to melt, take another small sip of wine and let the flavors unfold.
- For white or milk chocolate, try the FAT bastard Sauvignon Blanc and the FAT bastard Merlot
- For semi-sweet chocolate, try the FAT bastard Pinot Noir
- For dark or bittersweet chocolate, try the FAT bastard Cabernet Sauvignon and the FAT bastard Shiraz
Remember to cleanse your palate between each pair with a small piece of bread or cracker and a sip of water.
Happy Valentine’s Day and remember to LOVE LARGE!